Case Study: Demonstrated Results from better Referral Management
- Managing patient transitions through different levels of care will be a primary concern for ACOs.
For any organization positioning itself as an ACO, managing patients as they transition through different levels of care will be a primary concern. Each transition - from acute care to different post acute care settings and ultimately to home - represents a need for planning and an opportunity for things to go wrong. In most settings Case Managers will be the 'point of continuity' for patients, and it will be their job to ensure that all of the internal and external care givers involved have what they need to meet the patient's needs.More »
- Why Preadmission Screening Matters to Post-Acute Care Institutions
The federal government pays more than 40% of all money spent on healthcare in the U.S. and it is focused like never before on managing those costs. Along with reducing already low reimbursement levels, CMS will look to two primary means for cost reduction–utilization and admissions review and reimbursements tied to outcomes. For post-acute care facilities this translates into a single imperative – “admitting the appropriate patient”.More »
- Taking an "Information Applications" approach to Preadmissions
According to the advisory services firm Ventana Research, Information Applications are the next phase in the evolution of information technology. They are a new generation of light and flexible tools that help organizations turn data into actionable information. More »
Frequently Asked Questions
- National Association of Long Term Hospitals The National Association of Long Term Hospitals (NALTH) is a national association representing acute long-term care hospitals and patients. A member-driven organization, NALTH supports a collegial process when focusing on goals in the areas of advocacy, education, research and networking. NALTH fosters open and ongoing dialogue with governmental policy makers.
- Acute Long Term Hospital Association ALTHA is the Washington-based trade association of Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospitals, representing three-quarters of this healthcare provider community. ALTHA’s primary mission is to protect patient access to the unique care our hospitals provide.
- GreisGuide to LTACHs Jason Greis is a health care attorney with the Chicago office of McGuireWoods. Jason focuses his practice on providing solutions to complex business and legal issues for LTACHs and other post-acute care organizations. Jason’s goal is to keep readers of this Weblog apprised of the latest LTACH-related business and legal developments as this critical sector of the health care system continues to develop and mature.
- The Post Acute Network (PAN) The Post Acute Network(PAN) is a community dedicated to supporting the Post Acute Health Care Industry. PAN supports and promotes industry professionals in networking, sharing best practices, providing resources and more.